[pl_video type=”vimeo” id=”540976883″]
NURTURE MY WIFE
WFF-03 & DWM-02
Men – How To Nurture Your Wife Spiritually
A GODLY HUSBAND DISCIPLES HIS WIFE AS HE EXPERIENCES PERSONAL CONSECRATION
Deuteronomy 6:4-6 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one! 5 “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
LIVE IT! Biblically discipling my wife starts in my heart. God doesn’t say fear Me, study Me or even Serve Me. He said – LOVE ME. That is our priority and all else flows down from it. In fact, loving God fulfills the whole law! [Romans 13:10]
1. SHOW THAT YOU ARE LIVING IN HOPE Genesis 48:15-16 And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day, 16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.
2. SHOW THAT YOU SEE GOD’S HAND IN ALL OF LIFE Genesis 50:19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
3. SHOW THAT YOU WATCH FOR CHRIST Philippians 3:20-21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
4. SHOW THAT YOU DENY UNGODLINESS Titus 2:11-13 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
5. SHOW THAT YOU LOOK FOR THE CITY Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/
Check Out All The Sermons In The Series
You can find all the sermons and short clips from this series, Delights of a Word-Filled Marriage here.
Looking To Study The Bible Like Dr. Barnett?
Dr. Barnett has curated an Amazon page with a large collection of resources he uses in his study of God’s Word. You can check it out here.