A GODLY WOMAN ALWAYS SEEKS TO BE GENTLE AND QUIET.
Proverbs 9:13 The woman Folly is loud; she is undisciplined and without knowledge. (NIV)
o Proverbs 7:11 (She is loud and defiant, her feet never stay at home; (NIV) This includes disrespect, hostility, aggressiveness, and cunningness. All of these qualities are bad news.
o 2 Timothy 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. (NIV) o James 3:17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is, first of all, pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. (NIV)
o 1 Peter 3:1-7 Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, 2 when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. 3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror. 7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.
o Moms and dads, what are you raising? A wise woman or a foolish one? Bring your daughters up to the X-Rays of God’s Word and see what He finds.
1. Is she loud, assertive, boisterous, and whiney or the center of attention? Or is she quiet, submissive, gentle, and humble?
2. Does she dress in a way that draws a young man to think about her body and its enticements or her spirit and its beauty?
3. Does she have a holy hatred of sin or does she have a desire to watch sinners [TV and Movies] as they live out their fleshly fantasies?
4. Does she use all her powers to get her own way? Does she manipulate by tears, looks, and whatever it takes to accomplish her ends?
5. Is she argumentative, easily quarreling and fighting with you or her brothers and sisters? Or is she peaceable, gentle, and easily entreated? If these symptoms are present to any degree or amount–the prognosis for the future is bleak.
6. One gifted expositor in writing about these verses said, “ …we may say with a surgeon’s frankness, her home will be like Scarlett’s – troubled, torn down, and literally Gone with the Wind.”