Peter is in the midst of great persecution, writing to a group of local churches facing fiery trials. Peter the Apostle, has reached the end of his public ministry; and he is being hunted down by Emperor Nero, as the most visible of Christ’s followers. Peter was a big target.
We know that Peter chose one of the most difficult places to minister. Here in 1 Peter 1 we find the address of those that he has served. They were the saints in Roman Asia, the most secular, emperor-worshipping, hostile to the Gospel territory in the Roman Empire. Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia & Bithynia constitute the northern two-thirds of Roman Asia, or modern-day Turkey.
My favorite Prophetic Bible Study Resources are:
1. The MacArthur Study Bible I use: https://amzn.to/33vqwsm
2. Grudem Systematic Theology: https://amzn.to/3y1M1iu
3. The DTS, Bible Knowledge Commentary set I use: https://amzn.to/2RKBAiJ
4. The Phillips, Exploring the Future book I use: https://amzn.to/3hiNtHm
5. The Payne, Encyclopedia of Prophecy I use: https://amzn.to/3y4OGIg
6. The ESV Audio Bible: https://amzn.to/3bJ4WF5
7. The NKJV Audio/Dramatized Bible: https://amzn.to/3u4BqA3
8. The KJV Audio Bible: https://amzn.to/3hHEnny
9. The NIV Dramatized Bible: https://amzn.to/2RD1Uvf
10. This is the personal-sized Bible I take with me everywhere as I travel, and that you see in the videos: https://amzn.to/3tM11ha
11. The Larger Moleskin Notebook I use: https://amzn.to/3biMwLh
12. The Smaller Moleskin Notebook I use: https://amzn.to/33vTNmN
13. These are the Bible Tabs I showed you on the videos: https://amzn.to/3boMDVt
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn income to support us in ministry from qualifying purchases.”
Peter spends the five chapters of 1 Peter to those early believers, encouraging them to stay true to Christ as they endured persecutions, as well as all the challenges of living out their faith in the daily life in the Roman Empire.
Then in his last letter, he uses 2 Peter to get them ready for the reality of death (2 Peter 1); the deception of false teachers (2 Peter 2); and the End of Days (2 Peter 3).
What a lineup of Biblical doctrine he sent them; and, what an amazing pair of Epistles for believers to study! Now, look with me at 2 Peter 3.
God’s Word is History, Pre-Written
God has already written down the details of how everything of the world we know will end. The end is by the fire of God.
The end is God reconstituting the universe from the atomic particle level to the galaxy cluster level: all are burned, refined, and remade into the Universe of God’s creation.
Join the LAND OF THE BOOK channel to get access to weekly video releases over the next year totaling 50+ EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS that feature weekly in-depth Bible Study lessons with John & Bonnie. Plus all the assigned HOLY LAND STUDY RESOURCES, and John’s two most loved books–David’s Spiritual Secret & Living Hope for the End of Days at:
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/