HOW DOES JESUS WANT US TO TREAT A BACKSLIDDEN CHRISTIAN? Remind them that–GOD FORGIVES!
Anyone who comes to Jesus can experience what the Scriptures often declare—God is a God who offers His children complete forgiveness. Trace with me again those life-giving words in your hearts as I read them to you. You may even want to just close your eyes so that nothing distracts you from hearing these ten verses:
• “… as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us”. (Psalm 103:12)
• “ Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, “ Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool..” (Is. 1:18)
• “… But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back. (Is. 38:17)
• “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” (Isaiah 44:22)
• “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34b)
• “You will … hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.” (Micah 7:19)
• [At the Last Supper, Jesus commanded his own to drink, saying] “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” (Matthew 26:28)
• “She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.” (John 8:11)
• “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
Check Out All The Sermons In The Series
You can find all the sermons and short clips from this series, Disciple’s Path to Follow here.
Looking To Study The Bible Like Dr. Barnett?
Dr. Barnett has curated an Amazon page with a large collection of resources he uses in his study of God’s Word. You can check it out here.