So what’s the bottom line? There are seven years of history left for Israel to complete in God’s program. It’s a time like never before – demonic creatures ravage the earth; one-half of the population is horribly murdered; the earth is a wasteland; mankind fiercely fights against God and tries one last time to destroy Christ – and at that moment, He returns.
GOD HAS A WEEK OF PROPHETIC HISTORY
LEFT FOR THE JEWS
THE EVENTS OF THE 70TH WEEK – Israel has seven years left to fulfill this prophecy, and it just so happens that the Tribulation is seven years. Verse 27 gives us some of the details of this 70th week: “And he (Antichrist) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (here’s the last week); in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate (CF. Matt. 24:15), even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.” Beloved, the 70th week of Daniel is the Tribulation. And the gap between the 69th and 70th is an undefined period of time. Now, according to verse 27, at the beginning of the Tribulation, the Antichrist is going to make a covenant with Israel, and give them back their temple and their worship. But after three and one-half years, he will suddenly violate the covenant and violently persecute Israel.
THE TRIBULATION IS FOR JEWS
NOT THE CHURCH
There are 7 reasons I believe we do not go through the Tribulation. These reasons have to do with Jewish evangelists, witnesses, temple scenes, national covenants, geography, and revivals in Jerusalem. All point to Jews as God’s Word focus, not us. They all have to do with the clear and constant distinction between the plans of God for Israel as compared to the church.
1. The Tribulation profiles Jewish evangelists (Revelation 7,14)
2. The Tribulation profiles Jewish Prophets or Witnesses (Zech. 3-4; Rev. 11)
3. The Tribulation profiles Jewish Temple Scenes Dan 9:27; 12:4; Mt. 24:15; II Th. 2:4; Rev. 11:1)
4. The Tribulation profiles Jewish National Covenants (Dan. 9:26; 2 Th. 2:4)
5. The Tribulation profiles Jewish Geography (Mk. 13:14)
6. The Tribulation profiles Jewish Designations (Jer. 30:7)
7. The Tribulation profiles Jewish Revivals (Zech 12:9)