LEAD Me: so I Do Your Will with my life God’s Pathway to Always Pleasing Him with My Life
1. FOCUS Me: on Who You are as God: v.9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
• God wants me to constantly remind myself of just Who it is I am talking to.
• John 1:1-3 (Creator),
• John 5:28 (Judge);
• Col. 1:15-16 (Sustainer);
• Hebrews 1:3 (Exact Representation of God), who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
• Hebrews 11:3 (Framed the Universe with a word!).
• This One holds in His Hand my life’s breath (Daniel 5:23).
• He has told me that life eternal is when I KNOW Him (John 17:3).
2. CONTROL Me: because You have the Plan for my life. v. 10a Your kingdom come.
• God wants to rule over every dimension of my life; and for me to surrender to that rule.
• I am to seek out His rule each day, FIRST of all (Matthew 6:33).
• Matthew 7:21-27 the saved are those who are not just saying they want God’s control, but are submitting to it.
• In Mark 10:17-27 the Rich Young Ruler learned that he had to face his own sin, decide to follow Christ or turn his own way.
3. LEAD Me: so I Do Your Will with my life. v. 10b Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
• God wants me to be like Christ.
• We are most Christ-like when we have the same attitude Jesus had while on Earth.
• Jesus is seen over and over again declaring that He wanted to follow God’s will (John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38-40; 7:17; 9:31; Hebrews 10:5-7).
• In John 1:13 we were saved by the will of God that transfers us from the kingdom of our own way to His way; in John 4:34 we live by God’s will just like we eat to live so we live to do His will; in John 5:30 we actively seek God’s control of our lives; in John 6:38 we exchange our own desires for God’s just as Jesus declared that He did; in John 7:17 we embraced His control of our lives when we sought His salvation; and in John 8:28 we avoid all self-prompted activities.
• Christ bought me I Corinthians 6:19-20
• We are to present our bodies back to Him Romans 12:1-2
Check Out All The Sermons In The Series
You can find all the sermons and short clips from this series, Camp Barakel 2011 here
Looking To Study The Bible Like Dr. Barnett?
Dr. Barnett has curated an Amazon page with a large collection of resources he uses in his study of God’s Word. You can check it out here.