If the YouTube video above is not available, here are two other ways to view:
- What is grieving the Holy Spirit?
Eph 4:30 lupeo means “sad, heavy, sorrowful, distressed” used of Peter when Jesus kept asking if Peter loved Him (Jn. 21); this is one of the marks of the personality of Spirit.
1 Th.5:19 sbennumi quench means “extinguish, stifle, retard”
- How does one grieve the Holy Spirit?
Ephesians 4 list: when not flee from falsehood v. 25; anger v.26-27; theft v. 28; rot v. 29; bitterness v. 31.
In an even larger sense, we grieve when we deny by our conduct and choices the first name of the Spirit. What is His first name? The HOLY Spirit. See 1 Th. 4:1-8
- What are the Signs & Consequences of grieving the Holy Spirit?
When grieved & quench the work of the Spirit in us is hindered. What does He do? Jn 7:38-39 (overflows us with life giving water, basis of life); Rom 8:3-9 (liberates); Rom. 8:15-16 (closeness to God); 1 Cor. 6:19 (temples); 2 Cor. 1:22 (seals); 2 Cor. 3:5-6 (gives life to Word); Gal. 5:18 (leads); Gal. 5:22 (fruits); Eph. 5:18 (fills); Eph. 6:17 (defends); Phil. 1:19 (supplies); 2 Th. 2:13 (sanctifies); 1 Jn. 2:27 (illumines). Signs of consequence engine list;
- How does one heal their relationship with the Spirit?
2 Cor. 7:1-10 Godly sorrow & repent (no matter how many steps away from God, its always just one step back).
Mt. 6:33 Surrender to His rule again
Eph. 5:18 Ask to be refilled
Sing “Spirit of the Living God”
- What does God say about over-indulgers & under-enjoyers?
Ecclesiastes 5:1-7, 8-17, 18-20;
Ecc. 2:24 & 3:13;
Ecc. 9:10; 1 Tim. 6:17 richly to enjoy
Theology Life (Proverbs=Living; Song = Loving);
Gal 6 consequence engine; Psalm 106 leanness; John 10 abundant life
- Is saving money showing a lack of faith?
- What was Jesus saying to rich young ruler?
Mark 10:17-22; 1 Tim 6/Ecclesiastes
- Where are Heaven & Hell?
What is in the middle of the Earth? Ezekiel 32 Pit; Luke 16; Mark 9; Rev. 20
- What are the types of Resurrection bodies for the saved & lost?
1 Cor 15; Jesus through doors; flesh & bones;
- Will we know people in Heaven?
Luke 16; Mt 17 transfig; Jesus; angels in Sodom looked normal;
- Will we remember earthly relationships?
Yes, Luke 16: memory unimpaired; Mt 8 sit down at banquet Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob