If the YouTube video above is not available, here are two other ways to view:
An Appointment that is Constraining v. 10
A. The Time is the Day of Christ. This is mentioned six times in the New Testament [I Corinthians 1:8; 5:5; II Corinthians 1:14; Phil 1:6, 10; 2:16]. This is the judgment of the church, one of three last-day judgments.
1. This event is not to be confused with the final Great White Throne judgment of Revelation. 20:11 after all the old universe is destroyed.
2. There is also the judgment upon the nations before the Millennial Kingdom starts in Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation. 20:4.
B. The Judge is Christ Himself as explained in II Tim. 4:8, John 5:22, II Corinthians 5:10, and Romans. 14:10.
C. The Intensity of evaluation by the Heavenly Judge is very great. It is:
1. A DAY OF FIRE: 1 Corinthians 3:13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is.
2. A DAY OF TERROR [II Corinthians 5:10-11]. Good or evil. 2 Corinthians 5:10-11 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
3. A DAY OF DAMAGE AND LOSS – LOSS OR GAIN. 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. 2 John 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
4. A DAY OF SHRINKING FROM HIS PRESENCE IN SHAME – SHAME OR HONOR. 1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
5. A DAY OF THE BURNING UP OF A LIFE’S WORK – BURN OR REMAIN. 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
6. A DAY OF BEING SAVED BUT ONLY BY FIRE 1 Corinthians 3:15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
7. A DAY OF BEING JUDGED BY GOD HIMSELF [Hebrews 10:30]. High or Low in Heaven Matthew 5:19 Whoever, therefore, breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Hebrews 10:30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.”
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/