In fact, in all the Gospels as soon as the dust has settled from the Palm branch strewn road to Jerusalem, Christ is talking about things to come. Note what Matthew records:
1. Matthew 21:41 They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease [his] vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.” (NKJV)
2. Matthew 22:13 “Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast [him] into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ (NKJV)
3. Matthew 23:33 “Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? (NKJV)
4. Matthew 24:51 “and will cut him in two and appoint [him] his portion with the hypocrites. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (NKJV)
5. Matthew 25:30 ‘And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ (NKJV)
He repeats it. I the Christ am returning and will Judge sinners who do not repent and bow to me!
In Mark 11:1-10 through chapter 13: He is talking about things to come. The same is true from Luke 19:29-38 (Triumphal) to chapter 21:10-38 He teaches about a future returning and judgment!
But note John 14:1-3 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 “In My Father’s house are many mansions; if [it were] not [so,] I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, [there] you may be also. (NKJV)
What a precious word of comfort in this dark hour of doom and judgment. Jesus says, don’t be troubled, I will take care of you my own! This is John’s introduction to the second event in God’s plan for the future: the Rapture (the parousia or royal return Paul describes in I Thessalonians).
Out of the gloom and doom of Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 comes hope . . . let’s look at three promises God gives His church through the Rapture:
I. A PROMISED HOMEGOING John 14
A. Though suffering and enduring this world’s wrath is tough, there is a bright future coming.
B. Christ is personally preparing a place for us.
C. He will return for us, so the Rapture is a promised homegoing!
Join the LAND OF THE BOOK channel to get access to weekly video releases over the next year totaling 50+ EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS that feature weekly in-depth Bible Study lessons with John & Bonnie. Plus all the assigned HOLY LAND STUDY RESOURCES, and John’s two most loved books–David’s Spiritual Secret & Living Hope for the End of Days at:
Follow Discover the Book Ministries to stay up to date:
Traditional Books: https://tinyurl.com/y4xgz9rb
Audio CDs: https://tinyurl.com/y5nnj3eu
Donate to the ministry: https://discoverthebook.org/donations/partnership/
PayPal QuickLink: https://paypal.me/JohnandBonnieDTBM?locale.x=en_US
For more of Dr. John Barnett’s Bible teaching messages go to: https://discoverthebook.org/